23 January 2013

Spaghetti Mussels Express

Spaghetti Mussels Express
by: Subhi Karim, The Shooting Chef

Salam Maulidur Rasul,   

Today Azam was supposed to write this entry, but due to some difficulty he can’t do it. He is probably still stuck in traffic jammed right now. Azam has promised to buy me Sate Willy Kajang if I help him so.. Sate Willy onss!!! Hehehe suka hati aku je Sate Willy.. So tomorrow will be his turn.

My previous entry was about Pasta Seafood Olio. Today’s dish is quite similar. I bought quite a lot of mussels last time for my Seafood Olio and I still have the balance of it. So I’ve decided to try new dish, something new which I never did or think of if before. So you can consider this one is a new food invention LOL! A spaghetti ala bolognese but with Mussels. I called it “Spaghetti Mussels Express” (bukan muscle ye!) Why Express? Becoz memang saya buat ni secara express. I still have Pasta Tomato Sauce which I bought last time for the Stuffed Mushroom, and also the extra spaghetti. So I used back all the ingredients. One additional ingredient is minced beef.

Ok here are the ingredients:
1. Spaghetti
2. Mussels
3. Minced Beef
4. Garlic clove (crushed)
5. Pasta Sauce Tomato
6. Black pepper
7. Oregano
8. Olive Oil
9. Salt


Bring the water and boiled. Add the pasta to the boiling water. Add salt to the boiled water. Cook pasta until 'Al-dente'. Drain the pasta and separate it.

Heat olive oil in a medium heat. Add in garlic and cook until golden color. Add in pasta sauce. Add in  Mussels and minced beef. In this dish I used minced beef just enough to give a bolognese feel to it because my Mussels mestilah menjadi hero dalam masakan ni. Kan? Cook slowly with medium heat. Add seasoning - black pepper, oregano and salt. Secukup rase.

Add spaghett to the mix, and cook slowly. Done! Express tak?


It’s quite unusual to taste spaghetti bolognese with seafood, but why not we try something new right?!

Ok, I’m late for my event tonight. Azam, kau kena belanja aku!

Enjoy the food and Salam Maulidur Rasul to all of you..

Subhi Karim

No comments:

Post a Comment