2 February 2013

Sehangat Asmara Baked Lemon Chicken with Rosemary Potato

Baked Lemon Chicken
by: Subhi Karim, The Shooting Chef
 
Hi February 2nd,

It's me again. Why always me? Gile kuasa..ade aku kesah?! Macam Mario Balloteli kan..

This time my recipe will be divided into several parts. The whole menu is Baked Lemon Chicken with Rosemary Potato, Mix Vegetables & Mushroom Sauce.


Part One: Baked Chicken

Ingredient:
1. Chicken (3pcs whole leg)
2. Olive Oil
3. Thyme
4. Lemon
5. Vinegar
6. Black pepper
7. Salt

Marinade the Chicken.

In a medium bowl, pour olive oil to the chicken. Mix it well and even. Add in thyme, black pepper, lemon juice (squeeze half or sebiji pun boleh). Add in lil bit vinegar and salt. Mix it even. You can actually taste the marinade to make sure the flavor from the herbs, lemon, salt bla bla bla are just enough. Nice and not to salty and enough 'masam' yang best. Marinade in the fridge at least minimum of 30 minutes. If I prepare this menu for dinner, I will marinade in the afternoon at 5pm (I will start baking around 8pm) I want the herbs and lemon to marinade well with the chicken :)

Baking.

Pre-heat oven to 180 degree. Here I'm using medium size roasting pan and I simply put the whole chicken and all the juices and herbs into the roasting pan and start baking. Also advisable to use aluminium foil to cover the pan. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes for the chicken to be well cooked and browned sufficiently.


Remove chicken from the oven. Done! That's it for today. Oh yes, I will continue the rest of the dish in my next entry. Selamat mencuba yeh!

Salam,
Subhi Karim


No comments:

Post a Comment